Thieves balm is an antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antiviral topical skin ointment that is so aromatically lovely, you will actually enjoy using it!
Inspired by the traditional Four Thieves oil/vinegar recipe used historically to ward off sickness, our Thieves balm functions as an external ally when combined with internal measures to support your body's defenses. Thieves also serves as a multi-purpose ointment for relieving fungal skin conditions and zapping bacteria and inflammation in acne breakouts, bug bites, cuts and rashes.
With warm and penetrating elements of cinnamon, clove and rosemary, Thieves is an excellent massage oil to stimulate blood circulation, lymphatic flow and relieve aching muscles and joints.
Our Thieves oil is:
Δ 100% natural plant based ingredients
Δ Free from synthetic fragrances
Δ Paraben + sulfate free
Δ Preservative free
Δ Vegan friendly
♥ Thieves Balm is not recommended for use during pregnancy.
DECONSTRUCTING THE GOOD STUFF
Clove bud essential oil: Clove is an excellent antiseptic and analgesic (pain-reliever), which explains why it's so historically famed for relieving toothaches. Clove is also employed to relieve inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and musculoskeletal conditions, and aromatically, its warm, spicy perfume gifts us with a positive and stimulating effect on depressed spirits and energising to those feeling weak and lethargic.
Organic lemon essential oil: Antimicrobial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, antibacterial and insecticidal to name a few, Lemon is a powerful ally for fighting the "bad guys". As Lemon oil is able to stimulate the action of the white blood corpuscles (the body's own defence), she is a highly valuable component of our immune-supporting Thieves balm. Her astringency makes her a handy companion for treating cuts and boils, and her refreshing nature uplifts the spirit and assists with clarity, focus and decision making during times of mental fatigue.
Organic cinnamon bark essential oil: Sweet, warm and spicy Cinnamon is regarded as one of the strongest antiseptic oils, therefore useful for guarding against infections and contagious bugs. Peter Holmes, author of The Energetics of Western Herbs materia medica suggests using Cinnamon to prevent or resolve colds and flus, with it also easing its associated aches, pains and lethargy. As well as an analgesic (pain-reliever), Cinnamon is an antispasmodic (relieves muscles spasms/cramps), an insecticidal (repels insects), and aromatically is delightfully uplifting for tired/depressed/weak spirits, making her an important multi-purpose element in our Thieves balm.
Organic Eucalyptus essential oil: It's no surprise that the utterly refreshing and stimulating aroma of Eucalyptus has seen her be a long-used treatment for respiratory health, as she increases oxygen supply to the body's cells during times of sickness. Eucalyptus is also a vital component of Thieves balm thanks to her analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral and astringent properties.
Rosemary essential oil: Rosemary's beautiful herbal perfume is so beloved for her ability to strengthen memory and aid mental clarity, but her benefits extend well beyond this — from assisting respiratory problems like the common cold, to providing pain-relief for arthritis and stiff, overworked muscles, to relieving cold hands and feet and revitalising tired/weak legs by stimulating bloody circulation.
Spray-free Lemon Balm herb: Cheery Lemon Balm with her sweet, uplifting perfume is so soothing to frazzled nervous systems that are experiencing stress, anxiety, insomnia and depression. She is also highly valued for her strong antiviral properties, which is why she holds a tender place in our Thieves balm!
ONE BOTTLE ~ LOADS OF USES
- Massage into hands, armpits, chest, to guard against colds.
- Alcohol-free, natural non-drying hand sanitiser.
- Spicy, aromatic natural deodorant with antibacterial action.
- Natural insect repellant — just one of the many reasons to take on camp trips.
- Apply to bug bites to neutralise toxins and ease irritation and inflammation.
- Apply externally to assist fungal conditions of the skin, scalp and nails.
- Warm gently on the stove and use as a body, temple or foot massage oil to boost blood circulation, aid lymphatic drainage and soothe tension aches and pains.
- Dab under nose and rub onto chest to help ease nasal stuffiness and congestion (and just deeply inhale straight from the bottle!)
- Massage into temples, ear lobes and back of neck to lift spirits and improve focus and concentration.
- Add a drizzle to your bath water to soak in the therapeutic benefits and let the steamy aromatics relax and uplift.
- Take travelling to sanitise, protect, soothe and refresh on the road or overseas.
INGREDIENTS: Fractionated coconut oil, lemon balm*, clove, lemon*, cinnamon*, eucalyptus*, rosemary.
* = certified organic ingredients
This product does not intend to diagnose, treat or cure any disease.